RAMP Vision Statement
RAMP envisions healthy communities where asthma is reduced and well-managed, and the health, social, and environmental inequities that contribute to the unequal burden of the disease are eliminated.
RAMP Mission Statement
RAMP’s mission is to reduce the burden of asthma through a comprehensive approach, ranging from clinical management to environmental protection. We collaborate, coordinate, share resources, advocate, and promote policy change in order to reduce inequities, strengthen asthma prevention efforts, and improve management for all communities.
Our Strategic Plan
With a complex chronic condition like asthma, there is no single or simple solution. The ongoing prevalence of asthma and its impact on individuals, families, and communities as well as the enormity of asthma disparities necessitate a strong and comprehensive response. RAMP is seen as the “go to place” for information about asthma programs and policies and plays a unique and important role in implementing and promoting a range of strategies that address asthma disparities and the social and environmental inequities that lead to those disparities. Our strategic plan outlines the desired goals of RAMP over a three-year period beginning in January 2016 aimed at building on past successes and working closer toward reducing the burden of asthma in California. We believe this plan, shaped by the contributions of many partners and allies, represents the interests and needs of a wide variety of constituents and will help the organization achieve its mission. Please see the executive summary for more details.
As RAMP implements this three-year strategic plan, we are committed to the following:
- Focusing on inequities: RAMP is committed to focusing on the social and environmental inequities that contribute to asthma disparities, such as, inequitable exposure to air pollution or substandard housing.
- Incorporating an emphasis on climate change: Given this connection between climate change and health, RAMP will explore ways to more actively engage in climate change work, using asthma as the lever.
In order to achieve the goals in this strategic plan, we will utilize four core strategies:
- Informing: RAMP aims to keep the field abreast of best practices, opportunities and to frame asthma work through a focus on inequities.
- Supporting: Whether through disseminating tools, providing strategic guidance, or facilitating technical assistance, RAMP aims to lift up the entire field to increase our collective impact on reducing the burden of asthma.
- Creating linkages: RAMP is committed to enhancing collaboration and creating linkages that will help reduce the burden of asthma.
- Advocating: RAMP is committed to policy change as a strategy to address asthma, asthma disparities, and social and environmental inequities.
Over the next 3 years, RAMP will apply a combination of strategies to address the following goal areas:
- Reducing substandard housing conditions that contribute to poor indoor air quality (IAQ)
- Reducing air pollution and inequitable exposure to air pollution with a focus on particulate matter and ozone
- Creating linkages between asthma clinical management and prevention, particularly for underserved communities
Learn More About RAMP
In addition to our strategic plan, we developed the short video below to give our partners, funders, policymakers and the public a better sense of our work. Feel free to contact us for additional information, and to join us in our efforts!