RAMP and the CHHC: Promoting Healthy Housing in California
As a founder and member of the California Healthy Housing Coalition, RAMP was pleased to join more than one hundred new and returning members who attended CHHC’s Annual Meeting in Long Beach earlier this year. The Annual Meeting is CHHC’s one in-person meeting of the year where stakeholders share their knowledge and members establish priorities for the year ahead.
This year’s attendees heard from a range of healthy housing policy experts on an array of topics, including:
- The state of state housing policy
- New opportunities: health, housing, and community development
- Gentrification and the health impacts of displacement
- Local accountability: media strategies
- Lead poisoning prevention: a policy perspective
- Local enforcement: strategies and challenges
For presentation and background materials, check out the CHHC’s website.
Members also participated in a series of small group discussions focused on incorporating lessons learned from the presentations into our state and local work. Taking the energy from the meeting, we look forward to another successful year of moving California towards healthier housing.